SCL has been involved in geomorphological work for a long number of years, with our initial focus being on the blanket bogs but with a recent expansion into the full range of geomorphological assessment and services.
The range of technical services we offer includes:
- Peat (peat probing, 3D peatland modelling, peat condition assessment, peat stability assessment, peatland management plans, peat waste management)
- Soil classification & field survey
- Slope stability and geo-hazards (e.g. mapping, remediation, susceptibility and risk analysis)
- River-related assessment (e.g. fluvial audits, restoration and engineering design)
- Drainage schemes (e.g. SuDS, stream crossing assessments) for lowland and upland environments
- Morphological mapping and (historical) remote sensing analysis
- Bio-engineering, including assessment of vegetation strength relating to slope stability
- Terrain sensitivity in montane environments (e.g. recreational impacts, climate change issues, footpath design)
- Coastal studies (e.g. sediment movement, erosion and management)
Please visit our Projects pages to see examples of how we deliver integrated service packages to clients in this area.
Read about services in Spatial Analysis (GIS)…